Tuesday 20 April 2010

Victory for common sense


As I woke this morning the world seemed full of hope and promise.


Waking to sunshine always helps of course, as does having a (rare) peaceful nights sleep, but as I followed my morning routines I reflected on the vagaries of my moods and quite why that shrivelled, clinker-like virtual organ I call my soul was quite so uplifted.


Time is a flawed concept in my brain, but I know absolutely that within a yoctosecond I had the answer – common sense seems to be infiltrating the world of Law. The scrapping of the Omari Roberts trial has struck a blow for natural justice – the self-evidence that a 14 year old knife wielding accomplice burglar would lie to seek revenge / obfuscate / because he wouldn’t know the truth if it bit him in the ass (delete as required).


In addition, Lance Corporal Tilern DeBique (known as sexy T to those without the necessary visual acuity) would only be awarded £17,000 of our money for hurt feelings rather than the £1.2M she was hoping for. Not only should we be grateful that the ludicrous Tribunal findings have been overturned, but further that the debacle has given oxygen to the fire that I sincerely hope will consume Harmen and Phillips and the rest of the liberal lunatics who’s intention is enforced homogeneity.


As a HR practitioner we have quite enough to do oiling the wheels of commerce, without fighting rearguard actions to prevent the equality terrorists; think of a world where the HR community could focus 100% on supporting and moving the business forward through fair and intelligent use of the people plan instead of imposing a net of policy with mesh fine enough to strain soup which by definition strangles initiative and enterprise and moxie.


Th-th-th-th-th-thats all folks!


Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment