Thursday 29 April 2010

... and now for something completely different!

I’m not a big fan of schadenfreude; bitter is something I prefer in a pint glass or (if at the golf club) in a pink gin. Today however, ‘Bigotgate’ has led to much mirth and hilarity in my cell and I cannot wait for the election debate tonight. Brown has a perfect opportunity to cover himself in even more sh*t and I want to watch. To amuse myself until the next political cage fight, I have reproduced the New Labour Party dictionary definition of bigoted below.

Bigot, n. one who asks awkward questions, a proletariat with incisive inquisitorial skills, an honest citizen who voices the question on 80% of the country’s lips, a semi sentient impediment to trite PR answers with ‘a zero factuality content’ (q.v. ‘American Political Language In The Nixon Years’). - adj. bigoted, having the qualities of a bigot. – n. bigotry, blind or excessive zeal in matters of truth which concern society as a whole.

Bring it on!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment